The Beeches is a modern 3 bedroom holiday home with a stunning coastal setting just north of Greencastle on the Inishowen Peninsula. From the holiday home and its beautiful grounds there are wonderful sea views overlooking Lough Foyle and the north coast as well as views of Sweet Nellies Beach, Greencastle Golf Course and the iconic Binevnagh Mountain - even Scotland can be seen on a clear day.
Ideal Tour Base for Inishowen and the North Coast
The holiday home lies along the route of the Wild Atlantic Way and is just 2km from the Blue Flag Stroove Beach with its landmark lighthouse. The very scenic Greencastle Golf Club is a short drive away. Greencastle village itself with its bustling harbour is 3km away. At the harbour is the Lough Foyle Ferry Terminal. There are frequent ferry sailings to Magilligan during the holiday season providing easy access to the stunning north coast of Northern Ireland.
Stunning Coastal Views
The holiday home itself has 3 bedrooms to sleep 6 people comfortably (1 ensuite). The main living room, the dining room and the living area in the kitchen all enjoy stunning sea and mountain views. The kitchen is well equipped for a self catering holiday and there is a separate utility. There is a wide expanse of lawn to the front and back of the holiday home overlooking Lough Foyle. In all the location is very tranquil and conducive to total relaxation.
Local Attractions / Amenities
- Visit the Inishowen Maritime Museum and Planetarium overlooking Greencastle harbour. The state-of-the-art Planetarium gives the visitor the ability to see how mariners used to navigate with the stars, and also provide dazzling astronomy and light shows. Facilities include a gift shop and tea room.
- Play a round of golf at the scenic 18 hole Greencastle Golf Club – just a few minutes drive from the holiday home. The internationally renowned Ballylifffin Golf Club is 30km away - its the venue for the 2018 Irish Open
- Use the Greencastle to Magilligan Ferry to explore the northern coast of Northern Ireland. The Giants Causeway, Bushmills Distillery, the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and Dunluce Castle are just some of the top attractions in this area.
- Enjoys a stroll along the scenic coastal path between Greencastle and Moville.
- Try kayaking at the Inish Adventures centre based in nearby Moville. This centre offers inland and sea level kayak training as well as tours by canoe and kayak
- Enjoy some award winning bar food in the locality including Kealys Seafood Bar in Greencastle, Rosato's in Moville and McGrory’s in Culdaff
- Go sea angling from Culdaff. The Inishowen Boating Company operates 2 purpose built fast charter boats from Bunagee Pier Culdaff (22km). These fully licensed vessels offer sea angling and sightseeing on Lough Foyle.
- Visit the newly renovated Isle of Doagh Famine Village near Ballyliffin. This wonderful attraction depicts life in Donegal at different stages throughout history in an informative and enjoyable tour
- Other major attractions in the locality are Malin Head, the Gap of Mamore, Dunree Military Museum and Derry City (30km)