Ard na Mara is an exceptional, large waterfront estate on the shores of Bantry Bay boasting beautiful sea views across the bay towards Adrigole lighthouse and the Sheep’s Head peninsula as well as a stunning mountain scenery in the backdrop. The totally private and mature south facing grounds have been beautifully landscaped and boast a variety of scenery from sandy beaches, rocky cliffs, mature forests and a beautiful lake setting to large lawn areas. The private shoreline with sandy and shingle beaches extends to some 2,000m / 6,500ft and is safe for swimming. Throughout the property a proper road network has been established to make the various houses and natural amenities easily accessable. The grounds have a total size of approx. 94 acres / 380,400 sq m and the discerning yachting enthusiasts will find the deep water in front of the property, the boat shed and the pier just metres from the property very valuable.
BER (Main House): C1
BER No. 101903953
Energy Performance Indicator: 172 kWh/m²/yr
BER (Log Cabin): E1
Ber No. 101904928
Energy Performance Indicator: 337 kWh/m²/yr
The architect designed property has been built to make the very best of this unique waterfront location and maximise the unobstructable views. The main house has a total size of approx. 280 sq m / 3,000 sq ft spread over two floors and two stone cottages. Only high quality materials have been applied to create an amazing home in this stunning surroundings.
Tucked away in the forest area of the property lies a beautifully appointed log cabin which is completely independent from the main house. The 2 bedroom house boasts an open plan living area with fully fitted kitchen, living room and dining area. The kitchen is equipped with quality units and appliances and there is also a large feature fireplace. The house has two double bedrooms, one with direct access to the large terrace area to the front of the house, a bathroom as well as a large utility room.
The large grounds are totally private and have been beautifully appointed. A safe road network has been established to link the various buildings and natural amenities and a drainage system is in place. Various outbuilding include a storage shed for boats or other equipment, a glass house, two stone houses for addtional storage and housing the electricity transformators as well as a viewing pavilion at the waterfront. There are also paddock areas for the upkeep of horses or other lifestock as well as turf fields on the property. Plenty of parking is available in front of the main house but also at the log cabin. The large, even lawned areas can also easily cater for a helicopter landing pad.
By appointment only
Finest International Real Estate Ireland Ltd. t/a Engel & Voelkers act as agents for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
2. The particulars are set out as a general outline for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees, and do not institute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract.
3. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and any other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representatives of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
4. No person in the employment of Finest International Real Estate Ireland Ltd. t/a Engel & Voelkers has any authority to make or give representation or warranty in relation to this property.
5. Availability upon agreement - subject to contract. This offer is subject to change of price or withdrawal without notice.
6. Transfer fees, i.e. stamp duty, solicitor fees etc, are not included in the sales price and have to be paid by the buyer. The commission will be paid by the seller.